2.24.2008

Memories of free Wi-Fi

I just received an e-mail notifying me of a new comment on a very old post, in the comments of which I reveal that in 2005, I was connecting to the Internet through an open wireless network named "Eurmama." I speculated that it was named for a band that often plays at R.P. McMurphy's bar down the street (although that would be a pretty long way for a wireless signal to travel).

The new comment said:

LOL, i know this is an old post, but you are piggy backing off of MY internet... LOL... good thing I put a network key on it!

signed.... Eurmama

It's not from RP's....


How funny! Well, Eurmama, you'll be happy to know that I have since gotten my own network connection. Thank you for providing me with Internet access for my first few months in this apartment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are still my neghbor, you must live on the corner, (i've heard the yappy dogs)...

I'm in the yellow house ;)

Kelly said...

I do live on the corner! I've blogged about those dogs.

ShareThis