12.11.2005

Cleveland: Land of Free Wi-Fi at Nice Hotels!

And here you always thought it was the Mistake on the Lake.

Yes, I'm in Cleveland again, and I am again using the hotel's wireless Internet for my own nefarious purposes.

And let me just say that the Radisson is freakin' sweet. I chose it because it was supposedly within walking distance to the arena where the concert was. Um, yes. The arena is close - so close, in fact, that the hotel's Web site includes a picture of it in its little slideshow of "here's the exterior, here's the lobby, here are the rooms with Sleep Number beds, and here's the arena which we couldn't actually fit inside the hotel, so we did the best we could." If our room were across the hall, we could probably see the tour bus or private jet or whatever U2 uses to exeunt venues. As I footed it back to the hotel afterward, darting between the participants in the traffic snarl that entangled the arena and listening to an irate prisoner in a parking garage lean on his horn, I congratulated myself on a fine choice.

Although I really should congratulate Eileen, who picked it first.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I get excited about Wi-Fi everywhere I go!

Right now at my apartment, I'm piggybacking off some open network called "eurmama," which makes me think it might be emanating from R.P. McMurphy's down the street (Eurmama is the name of a band that frequently plays there). That network is generally reliable, although one time it disappeared and I was left trying to use a network called "mywirelessnotyours." Try to guess whether it was password-protected.

Anonymous said...

LOL, i know this is an old post, but you are piggy backing off of MY internet... LOL... good thing I put a network key on it!

signed.... Eurmama

It's not from RP's....

Kelly said...

It is a very old post, Anonymous - so old that I have since gotten my own network! :)

ShareThis