12.16.2007

Vacation Food Experiment: Quinoa Pudding


This week, I decided to finally cook the remains of a box of quinoa that's been sitting in my pantry for months. When I opened the box, I saw that the quinoa had come with a little pamphlet of recipes - and that I actually had all the ingredients to make one of them.

Quinoa pudding involves cooked quinoa, milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, chopped nuts and coconut. You cook it in custard cups, and it ends up with a taste and consistency that's rather like bread pudding. It's fairly tasty and easy to make if you happen to have all the ingredients, and it can be served hot or cold, plain or with various toppings.

Rating: smiley face. I would certainly make it again if I had quinoa on hand, although I'm not sure how likely that is; it turns out I'm not really a huge fan of plain quinoa.

No comments:

ShareThis