3.22.2009

I'm not that Kelly

I've gotten a couple of strange comments in the past week or so. This was a few days ago, and I figured it was spam and deleted it (although there was no link):

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Furlough, Day Four: Furloughier Than Ever":

0 comments because you are nowhere as talented. Jealousy will heal over time.

And yesterday, a new comment that seems to explain the previous one:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Coming soon to a mall near you!":

i saw your comment on that girls blog who you called "commonplace" and i just wanted to say that you were 1. not hiding behind an anonymous name and 2. you were so right about everything you said. I don't understand why this girl is worshipped for style that isn't even real style..except all she does is wear cheap forever 21.

So I guess some other Kelly is talking smack about someone on the Internet. Is this person linking to my blog or something, or are people just finding it through a Google search for Kelly Hudson? Because it's not me, anonymous commenters - I promise!

UPDATE. Thanks to those of you in comments who pointed me to the offending post, on a site called fashiontoast. Somebody really did comment as "Kelly Hudson" with a link back to my blog! What person who knows of my blog would even do such a thing?

Anyway, I've written the site admin asking that the comment be taken down. Hopefully she'll have time; her site appears to be a good deal bigger than this one, and according to commenter meso, this sort of thing happens over there all the time. Ah, well - if it's not taken down, people will just come here and learn about what happened through this post.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, don't you hate it when you get caught up in the dealings of 13-year-old girls? That's why I could never teach middle school kids.

AE said...

Oh, I vote for embracing the alter ego! Forever 21 is so "commonplace"! Of course, then the other Kelly will gradually begin to take over your life, which could be confusing for Mr. W.

Anonymous said...

kelly,

the other blog is www.fashiontoast.com and "you" left a rude message attacking Rumi's worshippers. there has been a lot of hate messages and false linking to other people's blog. that is how i found you.

of note, your blog was a pleasant surprise. m

Anonymous said...

www.fashiontoast.com
filed under "good to be back"
"you" posted on 3/19/2009 at 6:57a.m.
so sorry for this juvenile mess you have been inserted into. ppl are so stupid.

Kelly said...

Thanks for clearing that up! I will contact Rumi and see if the comment impersonating me can be removed. I see that the commenter did link to my blog - which is strange, because this isn't exactly a huge site. I get like 100 hits a week.

Meso, I'm glad you like my blog. I owe you an apology - I deleted your comments from earlier this week. I don't get many new commenters, so I thought they were spam. I'm sorry about that!

Mike_R said...

despite the misunderstanding can we agree Forever 21 is pretty commonplace?

Kelly said...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the commonplace thing you're thinking of is your mom.

(OH BUUURRRRRRNNNN!)

Anonymous said...

no apology needed. funny comment, Mike-R. m

ShareThis