1.03.2007

The Great Cranberry-Apple Crisp Caper

I finally used up the last of those cranberries (amazingly, there were still some good ones left!) with another batch of cranberry-apple walnut crisp. Delicious! I made it in my baking dish that has a cover, so I could bring it to work.

This week, I've been trying to wake up early and go to the gym in my office building before work. I throw on my workout clothes when I wake up and bring an office-appropriate outfit along in my big duffel bag. Because it's tough to carry a duffel bag and a baking dish at the same time, I just placed the dish carefully inside, balanced on top of my sweater and jeans.

You can already see what's coming, can't you?

When I unzipped my bag after my workout, I discovered that the dish had shifted, leaking reddish-brown syrup into my bag - and all over my clothes.

The upshot: Not only did I have to wear my sweatpants all day at work (just be glad it wasn't the bike shorts), I also wound up stealing several towels from the gym locker room. There's a hamper in there for used towels, but I couldn't bring myself to toss in the reddish-brown-stained ones I'd used to clean out my bag - I kept imagining what the cleaner would think. I may be the only person ever to steal towels, only to return them after a good bleaching.

Actually, I'm probably nowhere near the first.

4 comments:

hellogerard said...

Hmm. You're not the first person to take towels and intend to return them. But you may be the first to actually return them.

Sweatpants at work is a great thing!

Kelly said...

Well, I haven't technically returned them yet.

Katie said...

if you were giada or rachael, the cranberry clothes could have been added to the iron chef match...! You created a new dish! :)Put on the clothes, and then eat off your elbow...perfect! I can see the judges now..."It's a gem, could have used a little more presentation..but wonderful" annnnd I'm done rambling. good bye sister.

Kelly said...

Ha ha! I bet Mo Rocca would think it was awesome, and that white-haired guy with the glasses who never likes anything would be all "harumph! tastes like polyester ..."

ShareThis