1.18.2011

Me vs. the bird: a story in tweets

Act I: Prelude

In my shopping cart tonight: tomatoes and tallboys. Spaghetti for tonight; beer can chicken for the rest of the week.


Act II: Tragedy!

It is now official: God does not want me to roast chicken.

Seriously. My beer can chicken tipped over in the oven, filled the kitchen with smoke, and just now suddenly EXPLODED. You win, bird.

exploded? Now I have a new cooking fear.

I heard a loud BANG, and my chicken, which had been sitting atop the stove, was on the ground with a big gash in the back.

Stupid chicken.


Act III: Hilarity

God does want you to roast chicken, it's Sarah Palin that is sabotaging your efforts. Damn you Sarah Palin

@ THAT's why my chicken exploded! Sarah Palin shot it from a helicopter!

She can see your oven from her house

...

more evidence to support my controversial theory that God is a chicken.

God likes to launch Himself from my stove and commit seppukku on my not-so-clean kitchen floor.

mysterious ways indeed

...

I know it's not funny and a huge mess but I def laughed out loud. Chkn 1, Kelly 0.
...

Seriously, show that damn chicken who's boss!

Clearly, the chicken is the boss.

The chicken got the best of you tonight. But you'll come back stronger.

It won the beer can battle. I'll win the lean protein war! I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds ...

...

that steel reserve was the death of the chicken!!! That beer can knock even my dad down:)

...

Positive attitude: The beer looks tasty, if a bit warm. TC

I drank half the can as part of my prep. Not bad!

As always, Kelly I love your 'tude. Now if you would have eaten 1/2 the chicken before the beer-butt challenge I would worry.


Act IV: Advice

I have a stand for beer can chicken if you want to use it

...

ive been trying whole chix since oct or so. I like my old way (cut up, sear, finish) much better.its pc vs mac (control v ease)


@ The only luck I've ever had with a whole chicken is in the slow cooker.
 
I did THIS a few times and lliked it. (sorry, the recipe is from a mag)

...


whole chickens are evil.


Act V: Bedtime

Twitter makes me feel better about exploding a chicken. Thanks, guys.

No comments:

ShareThis