5.12.2007

Get off your high horse



If you're interested in beer, this post is a pretty good read (as far as I know - I admittedly know very little about brewing and its history). It argues that, by any of the standards beer snobs tend to use, Budweiser is just as good as any of your fancy microbrews.

Of course, as the commenters are quick to point out, that doesn't mean it necessarily tastes good. I haven't had plain ol' Budweiser in forever - seems to me like a blind taste test is in order!

For extra credit, you can check out the Pandagon post that took me to that story. There, you can find plenty of examples of people who clearly didn't click over to the actual post (which says that all American beer is not automatically bad, and that all microbrews are not automatically good) but still feel the need to post their opinion (which is, "All American beer is terrible. I can only drink microbrews").

And ... did I spy a few comments referring to Sam Adams as a microbrew or maybe just a local Boston beer? Those of us who live in Cincinnati know how accurate that perception is.

No comments:

ShareThis