2.18.2006

Sigh.

The CiN blogs are getting pretty bad. It's irritating.

In the past few days, we've had anonymous commenters say that:
- my high school teacher who's running for Congress will have to drop out because of unspecified "allegations";
- a downtown restaurant closed because the "busboys were jizzing into the bisque";
- a former intern beats his girlfriends;
- Gina is "a beast in the sack";
- the women who work for CiN are "whores."

I'm not sure why these things bother me. Why should I care what some Internet ass thinks of my teacher?

At the same time, I kind of don't want to post anything there anymore, because what's the point? It's just going to get shat upon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, why do you have to keep things hidden from me? Why can't we be best friends for life? Why can't you get me a job as the film critic for CiN? I'll totally be your best friend if you do.

Nick said...

Kelly--

As someone who is the near constant target of internet nastiness, I totally sympathize. I don't know why people act the way they do when they get in front of a keyboard. I moderate my comments, and while its a little extra work, I've found it does wonders in terms of improving the conversation.

Now, if I could just stop going to some of those other blogs... grumble...

Kelly said...

Thanks for the suggestions, guys - but it's not really my call how we police our blog. I just post there.

I'd hate for us to become another WaPo blog - but I'd also hate for us to become another Little Green Footballs.

P.S. Hi, Toddington! What have I been keeping hidden?

ShareThis